Wednesday, May 16, 2012

MY DAD'S 75TH BIRTHDAY PARTY

My father was born in the 1930's, so when he turned 75 we thought it would be fun to throw him a birthday party with the theme being, 'The Depression Era'.  Having gone through that time, it made a big impact on his life, how he lived then, and even how he lives today. We sang songs from that time period, made that old familiar paper moon backdrop for a photo op, made a collage of things that happened in the 30's as well as the experiences and new products he saw within each new decade.We also made a poster of things about my father and his life. There was a soup kitchen bread line where everyone lined up to get their food. My mom made several home made soups as well!  Since my dad is a stamp collector we decided to transfer a picture of a stamp onto his cake that we made. There was also music played from the 'old days', and dancing.  The paper moon photos were a real hit with everyone!  
Here is a picture of what the cake looked like.

 
 
 



My mother in her paper moon photo shot
The  paper moon was made out of paper mache.  We hung a dark navy backdrop
stars on it. There was a covered seat to set on behind the moon. 





My Dad
My Dad at 75





No comments:

Post a Comment